What is the First Star National STEAM Academy?
The First Star National STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) Academy will expand our programming to include a national learning platform led by technology and grounded in social justice. First Star will be building the virtual First Star National STEAM Academy through partnerships with universities throughout the country in addition to individuals and companies that will assist in developing age-appropriate, culturally responsive content.
The First Star National STEAM Academy aims to increase teenage foster youth engagement in STEAM careers with a series of interactive “Tech Talks” led by positive STEAM professionals, as well as the expansion of technology in driving learning opportunities. Our objective is to guide more foster youth towards exciting STEAM careers with increased earning potential to help break the cycle of poverty and provide a greater opportunity to contribute to their community.
First Star National STEAM Academy Goals & Priorities
- Bring high-intervention education program to more foster youth – both First Star scholars and other foster youth. Our goal is to reach 400 foster youth per session.
- Affirm and validate the experiences of our Black and Latinx foster youth by empowering these scholars to embrace STEAM
- Introduce foster teens to real people who are working in STEAM fields designing tech, developing apps, and running companies that are changing the way we live and powering our digital world
- Shift thinking from shrinking to growing job fields, increasing earning potential, and job security
- Uplift foster youth to become leaders of change in their communities, their states and their government
Bill Catuzzi, Founder and CEO of Clarity Benefits solution, and Bryant Stibel were the first to help answer the call. Now we are asking corporations and individuals to help us achieve our goal of $250K. All donations over $1000 will be recognized on the First Star National STEAM Academy website page. To sponsor our STEAM programming, follow the steps in the First Star National STEAM Academy brochure and sponsor information PDFs below.
Please Donate Here to Help Us Build the STEAM Academy
Checks to First Star can be sent to our mailing address: 2049 Century Park East #4320, Los Angeles CA 90067
For wire instructions, please contact: email@example.com
Donate to the First Star National STEAM Academy
The First Star National STEAM Academy aims to increase teenage foster youth engagement in STEAM careers with a series of interactive “Tech Talks” led by prominent STEAM professionals, as well as the expansion of technology in driving learning opportunities for foster youth. These virtual live talks will be grounded in social justice. It is not lost on us that we are experiencing a renewed focus on civil rights. The talks will be curated to include professionals who have similar life experiences and/or backgrounds to our foster youth. This unique approach will assist with validating and affirming each youths’ experiences and empower each one to reach for the impossible.